Tuesday 25 June 2013

0 All Moved In

All Moved In
(Above: Yours Truly in my dorm room.)

Oh my... I can't believe that I let an entire week pass without a post. I'm so sorry. I spent last weekend packing, packing, packing. And during my spare time I enjoyed the company of my family. On Sunday the whole familia came up to Ames to move me in: Dad, Mom, my brother, my two sisters, and my sister's boyfriend... I had a whole move-in crew! I spent Monday getting to know this big, gorgeous ISU Campus. I helped my handsome boyfriend move in on Tuesday. And honestly... I'm not sure where Wednesday went! Here in about an hour, the boyfriend and I shall be heading over to where the festivities begin! (That is, a welcome program for freshman and transfers.) So I'm going to use this spare hour to update you on my college experience so far.

The communal bathrooms aren't that bad at all. It hasn't been swamped by girls just yet. I say "yet" because not everyone's moved in on my floor yet. In fact, it's pretty dead. But the bathrooms are nice and clean. So I'm pleased.

There are not kitchenettes on every floor. :( Furthermore, there aren't any kitchenettes in my entire complex. I e-mailed a housing rep and they specifically told me that there would be a stove, fridge, and microwave on every floor for everyone's use. I was all excited about getting to bake whenever I felt like it. No baking, I guess.

It's a fifteen minute walk to the edge of campus from my dorm. And then quite another jaunt to the closest dining hall, the library, or my classes. But hey! All the walking should keep me in shape, right? :)

My classes are super close together. Suh-weet.

Thank goodness I ended up switching to a corner room! I definitely need the space and having two windows on two walls reeeeeally makes my room a lot less hot and stuffy than the other rooms. Even on a hot day, being eight floors up gives me a nice breeze so it's not bad at all.

The two windows on the west wall leak. :S It rained yesterday morning and stormed last night. Luckily I have extra towels to place on the windowsill and I didn't have anything electronic or valuable near the places that got wet. Note to self: call the maintenance guy.

My dorm is pretty quiet so far... a lot more people will be moving in in the next few days. I haven't met many people yet either. So let's hope that tonight at the welcome program I'll get teamed up with some interesting and friendly students.

It's been a pretty good experience so far and I'm quite sure I'm going to love it here. :)...Especially once more people move in, classes start, and new friendships begin to happen.

Amore.



Credit: pua-celebrities.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Street Approach (PUA Blog) Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- With help of pualib.com - |- Powered by Blogger Templates