Friday 5 April 2013

0 Albumseannosnua

Albumseannosnua
PEGGY GORDON
O Peggy Gordon, You are my darling Come sit you down upon my knee And tell to me the very reason Why I am slighted so by thee I am so deep in love that I can't deny it My heart lies smothered in my breast But it's not for you to let the whole world know it A troubled mind can find no rest I leaned myself on a cask of brandy It was my fancy, I do declare For when I'm drinking, I'm always thinking Wishing Peggy Gordon was here I wished I was in a lonesome valley Where womankind cannot be found And the pretty little birds do change their voices And every moment a different sound I wish I was away in Ingo Far away across the briny sea Sailing over deepest waters Where love nor care never trouble me Mantle so green
As I went out walking one morning in June,To view the fair fields and the valleys in bloom,I spied a pretty fair maid she appeared like a queenWith her costly fine robes and her mantle so green. Says I, "My pretty fair maid, won't you come with meWe'll both join in wedlock, and married we'll be,I'll dress you in fine linnen, you'll appear like a queen,With your costly fine robes and your mantle so green." Says she now, "You Young man, you must be excused,For I'll wed with no man, you must be refused;To the green woods I will wander to shun all men's view,........(?)For the lad that I love fell in famed Waterloo." "O, then, if you won't marry, tell me your love's name,For I being in battle, I might know the same.""Draw near to my garment and there will be seen,His name is embroidered on my mantle so green." In raising her mantle there I did beholdHis name and his surname in letters of gold;Young William O'Reilly appeared in my viewHe was my chief comrade back in famed Waterloo. But when he was dying I heard his last cry'If you were here, Lovely Nancy, contented I'd die;'Now Peace is proclaimed, and the truth I declareHere is your love token, the gold ring I wear." O, Nancy, dear Nancy, 'tis I won your heartIn your father's garden that day we did part.Now the wars are all over, no trouble is seenAnd I'll wed with my true love in her mantle so green."
Lord Franklin
We were homeward bound one night on the deepSwinging in my hammock I fell asleepI dreamed a dream and I thought it trueConcerning Franklin and his gallant crew With 100 seamen he sailed awayTo the frozen ocean in the month of MayTo seek a passage around the poleWhere all poor sailors do sometimes go. Through cruel hardships they vainly stroveTheir ships on mountains of ice was droveOnly the Eskimo with his skin canoeWas the only one that ever came through In Baffin's Bay where the whale fish blowThe fate of Franklin no man may knowThe fate of Franklin no tongue can tellAnd Lord Franklin among his seamen do dwell And now my burden it gives me painFor my Lord Franklin I'd sail the mainTen thousand pounds I would freely giveTo know Lord Franklin, and where he is.
The Singing Bird
I have seen the lark soar high at morn Heard his song up in the blue I have heard the blackbird pipe his note The thrush and the linnet too But there's none of them can sing so sweet My singing bird as you. If I could lure my singing bird From his own cozy nest If I could catch my singing bird I would warm him on my breast For there's none of them can sing so sweet My singing bird as you. My singing bird as you. My singing bird as you.
Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! You Are Welcome Home

Se do bheatha a bhean ba leanmhar! Welcome Oh woman who was so afflicted,B'e ar gcreach tu bheith i ngeibhinn, It was our ruin that you were in bondage,Do dhuiche bhrea i seilbh meirleach Our fine land in the possesion of theives,'S tu diolta leis na Ghallaibh. And sold to the foreignersChorus: Chorus:Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! r! You are welcome home!Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! r! You are welcome home!Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! r! You are welcome home!Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh. Now that summer is comingTa Grainne Mhaol ag teacht thar saile, Grainne Mhaol is coming over the sea,Oglaigh armtha lei mar gharda; Armed warriors along with her as guard,Gaeil iad fein 's ni Gaill na Spainnigh, They are Irishmen, not English or Spanish,'S cuirfid siad ruaig ar Ghallaibh. And they will rout the foreignersChorus ChorusA bhui le Ri na bhfeart go bhfeiceam, May it please the God of Miracles that we may see,Muna mbeam beo 'na dhiaidh ach seachtain, Although we only live a week after it,Grainne Mhaol agus mile gaiscioch Grainne Mhaol and a thousand warriors,Ag fogairt fain ar Ghallaibh. Dispersing the foreignersChorus Chorus Molly Malone
In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so prettyI first set my eyes on sweet Molly MaloneAs she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrowCrying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!A-live a-live O! A-live a-live O!Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!She was a fishmonger and sure it was no wonderFor so were her father and mother beforeAnd they both wheeled their barrows through streets broad and narrowCrying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!A-live a-live O! A-live a-live O!Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!She died of a fever and no one could save herAnd that was the end of sweet Molly MaloneNow her ghost wheels her barrow through streets broad and narrowCrying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!A-live a-live O! A-live a-live O!Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!A-live a-live O! A-live a-live O!Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!
Paddy's Lament
Well it's by the hush, me boys, and sure that's to hold your noise And listen to poor Paddy's sad narrationI was by hunger stressed, and in poverty distressedSo I took a thought I'd leave the Irish nation Well I sold me ass and cow, my little pigs and sow My little plot of land I soon did part withAnd me sweetheart Bid McGee, I'm afraid I'll never see For I left her there that morning broken-heartedHere's you boys, now take my adviceTo America I'll have ye's not be going There is nothing here but war, where the murderin' cannons roarAnd I wish I was at home in dear old DublinWell meself and a hundred more, to America sailed o'er Our fortunes to be making we were thinkin' When we got to Yankee land, they put guns into our hands"Paddy, you must go and fight for Lincoln"Here's you boys, now take my adviceTo America I'll have ye's not be going There is nothing here but war, where the murderin' cannons roarAnd I wish I was at home in dear old DublinGeneral Meagher to us he said, if you get shot or lose your headEvery murdered soul of youse will get a pensionWell in the war lost me leg, they gave me a wooden pegAnd by soul it is the truth to you I mentionHere's you boys, now take my adviceTo America I'll have ye's not be going There is nothing here but war, where the murderin' cannons roarAnd I wish I was at home in dear old DublinWell I think meself in luck, if I get fed on Indianbuck And old Ireland is the country I delight in To the devil, I would say, it's curse AmericayFor the truth I.ve had enough of your hard fightinHere's you boys, now take my adviceTo America I'll have ye's not be going There is nothing here but war, where the murderin' cannons roarAnd I wish I was at home in dear old DublinI wish I was at homeI wish I was at homeI wish I was at homeI wish I was at home in dear old Dublin THE MOORLOUGH SHORE
The Moorlough ShoreYou're hills and tales and flowery vails that lie near the moorlough shore.Your vines ? by borden's grove. Will I ever see you more ?Where the prim rose blows and the violet grows. Where the trout and salmon play.With my light and talk daylight I took to spend my youthful days. Last night I went to see my love, and to hear what she might say.To see if she'd take pitty on me, lest I might go away. She said, "I love that Irish lad, and he was my only joy, and ever since I saw his face I've loved that soldier boy."Perhaps your soldier lad is lost sailing over the sea of maine. Or perhaps he is gone with some other lover, you may never see him again. Well if my Irish lad is lost, he's the one I do adore, and seven years I will wait for him by the banks of the moorlough shore.Fairwell to Sinclaire's castle ground.Fairwell to the foggy dew.Where the ? wales lie ? and ? stream runs still.Near there I spent my youthful days but alas ?, for cruelty has banished mefar away from the moorlough shore.
The Parting Glass
Oh, all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company. Andall the harm that ever I've done, alas it was to none but me.And all I've done for want of wit to mem'ry now I can't recall; Sofill to me the parting glass, Good night and joy be with you all.If I had money enough to spend, and leisure time to sit awhile. Thereis a fair maid in this town, that sorely has my heart beguiled. Herrosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own, she has my heart in thrall; Thenfill to me the parting glass, Good night and joy be with you all.Oh, all the comrades e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away. Andall the sweethearts e'er I had, they'd wished me one more day to stay.But since it falls unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not, Igently rise and softly call, Goodnight and joy be with you all.
Baidin Fheilimi
Baidin Fheilimi, d'imigh go Gabhla, Baidin Fheilimi ' s Feilimi ann, Baidin Fheilimi D ' imigh go GabhlaBaidin Fheilimi 's, Feilimi ann. Baidin bideach, baidin beosach, Baidin boidheach, baidin Fheilimi,Baidin direach, baidin deontach, Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilimi ann.Baidin Fheilimi d ' imigh go Trocaigh,Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilime ann.Baidin Fheilimi d ' imigh go Trocaigh,Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilime ann.Baidin bideach, baidin beosach, Baidin boidheach, baidin Fheilimi,Baidin direach, baidin deontach, Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilimi ann.Baidin Fheilimi briseadh i dToraigh,Baidin Fheilimi ' s Feilimi ann.Baidin Fheilimi briseadh i dToraigh,Baidin Fheilimi ' s Feilimi ann.Baidin bideach, baidin beosach, Baidin boidheach, baidin Fheilimi,Baidin direach, baidin deontach, Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilimi ann.Baidin bideach, baidin beosach, Baidin boidheach, baidin Fheilimi,Baidin direach, baidin deontach, Baidin Fheilimi 's Feilimi ann.
My Lagan Love
Where Lagan stream sings lullabyThere blow a lily fairThe twilight gleam is in her eyeThe night is no her hairAnd like a love-sick lenansheeShe hath my heart in thrallNor life I owe, nor libertyfor love is lord of alland often when the beetles hornHath lulled the eve to sleepI steal unto here shielding lornAnd thro' the dooring peepThere on the cricket's singing stoneShe makes the bog wood fireAnd hums in sad sweet undertoneThe song of heart's desire LORD BAKER
NO LYRICS YET...............
I'll Tell Me Ma
I'll tell me Ma when I go homeThe boys won't leave the girls alone.They pull my hair, they stole my comb,but that's alright till I go home.Chorus:She is handsome, she is prettyShe is the belle of Belfast cityShe is courtin' one, two, three.Please won't you tell me, who is she?Albert Mooney says he loves her,All the boys are fighting for her.They knock at the door and ring at the bellSaying "Oh, my true love are you well?"Out she comes as white as snow,Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes.Oul Jenny Murray says she'll die,If she don't get the fellow with the roving eye.ChorusLet the wind and the rain and the hail blow highand the snow come tumblin' from the skyShe's as nice as apple pieAnd she'll get her own lad by and by.When she gets a lad of her own,she won't tell her Ma when she goes homeLet them all come as they willFor it's Albert Mooney she loves still.Chorus

Reference: art-of-pickup.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Street Approach (PUA Blog) Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- With help of pualib.com - |- Powered by Blogger Templates