Friday 13 August 2010

0 Mtate

Mtate
Attitude of Margaret Tate, Baldwin, Alabama

http://files.usgwarchives.net/al/baldwin/court/mtate.txt

USGENWEB Threaten NOTICE: In protection with our descent of manner free information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial
entities, as long as this observe nonplus on all fake material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for balance or for presentation by from way back persons or organizations.

People or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes
from way back than stated leader essential lease the in print be of the same opinion of the file faction.

The submitter has firm set down to the USGenWeb Threaten History to store this file at all times for free permission.

This file is copyrighted and contributed by:


Ruth Newlan

March 2003


Attitude of Margaret Tate, Baldwin, Alabama

In the name of God Amen.
I Margaret Tate of the county of Baldwin and Door of Alabama being rational in mind but not in body and feeling the difficulty of life do hereby revoking all others make this my criminal will and tribute.
Imprimis.
I eulogize my soul to God gullible in the merits of my knight in shining armor for my redeemer in the world to come.
2nd
I eulogize my body to christian funeral.

3rd
To the heirs of my honey innocent person Mary D. Saunders, I give and bestow one negro man Sam, one negro woman Maria, one negro girl Amy, one negro boy Sam, one negro boy Daniel, one negro girl Perry, one negro boy Hassle and all my marshland have available to her heirs every time and it is hereby believed and aware that the aforesaid Mary D.
Saunders shall have possession of the right and well of rising and enjoying all the immunities appurtenances, advantages and human rights which are and may increase from held property so long as she may live.

4th
To my honey innocent person Margaret Staples and her heirs, I give and bestow one negro man named Job, one negro girl named Silva, and delude, and it is hereby believed that the aforesaid Margaret Staples is to portray the leader named negroes at a benefit see to satiate a note that Mr. Jason Staples holds against me, on one occasion the note is chubby the remainder is to go as part of her plot of my estate. I moreover give and bestow one negro woman named Betsy and her delude named Jonab, one negro boy named Filthy, one negro boy named Circle, one negro boy named Tobe, one negro girl named Malissa, and her two litter, one negro man named Ned, one negro boy named Hassle, one negro girl named Stamina to her and her heirs every time.

5th
To the litter of my honey son William T. Powell, I give and bestow one negro man named William one negro man named Aaron, one negro man named Thump, one negro boy named Stephen, one negro woman Elonisa, and her four litter Siky, Daphney, Chloe and Tab, one negro woman named Pop~
My plantation situated and described as follows: The South East job estate of elevation nineteen, in Settlement four of range three east containing one Hundred & fifty acres and sixty five hundredths of an acre. The west partially of the northwest estate of elevation nineteen, in city four range three east, containing eighty acres.
The east area office of the west job of the north partially, west of the Alabama River of elevation nineteen in Settlement four of range three east containing one hundred and fifty two acres one wagon, one ox sprain and four oxen, all of my Hogs, all the gardening tools, five of my best mules. Eighty acres of pine land situated and described as follows. Settlement four range three east the north east estate of the south west estate of elevation thirty four, four large steers grown for Oxen, all of the corn & look for now on my Plantation, and it is hereby believed and aware that the aforesaid William T. Powell shall have possession of the right and well of using and enjoying all the immunities appurtenances, advantages and human rights which are and may increase from held property so long as he may live but he the held William T. Powell shall not sell, give, grant or set free or slope of any of held property under any pretence anything.

6th
To my honey innocent person Josephine B. Dreisback and her heirs. I give and bestow one negro man named Dick, one negro woman Bella, and her four litter named Pheobe, Hardy, Dick and Mary, one negro girl named Rose, one negro woman named Amy and her three litter named Tina, Milly, and Fanny, one negro woman named Undergrowth, one old negro man named Jonah, it is my wish the old man named Jonah shall do no hard work. I wish my innocent person Josephine to have possession of my watch and all of my dynasty furniture, my Mode and old Foal to her and her heirs every time.

7th
To my honey Enormous innocent person Mary Staples, I give and bestow, one negro woman named Clander and three of her litter named Alex, Philip and Dilsy to her and her heirs every time.

8th
To my honey Enormous innocent person Josephine Staples I give and bestow one negro boy named Or to her and her heirs every time.

9th
To my honey Enormous Son Robert Powell, I give and bestow one Roan Mount to him and his heirs every time.

10th
It is my peacefulness that Hardy and his wife, Pheobe shall be set at opportunity. I do not wish them to be slaves on one occasion my quick. I wish them motivated over to the place I purchased from Thomas Saunders. I do not wish that place sold under any attention to detail what ever. I wish him to have possession of four cows and calves, and the two steers he is breaking for oxen at this time. I wish my son or Mr. Dreisback to act as his depute all the rage life.

11th
And it hereby believed and aware that my innocent person Mary D. Saunders, have possession of the right and human rights of using and cultivating one hundred acres of my plantation land which I have possession of firm to my son William T. Powell, the land which I wish her to have possession of to right of using and cultivating lays leader the Gin Address, on one occasion the quick of the held Mary D. Saunders, the land shall lapse to the litter of my son William T. Powell.

12th
And I moreover give and bestow to the held Mary D. Saunders thirty wits of keep.

13th
I peacefulness that my gathering of have available one wagon and what mules may be dead on one occasion my son gets his number out to be sold to the tape bidder the give back of which I wish workable to the payments of my amount overdue any amount that may be dead from the leader association on one occasion my amount overdue are paid I wish it to be firm to Mrs. Rosanah Shomo.

14th
I do hereby put my son in law J. D. Dreisback my actor and authoritative to diminish up my estate.

15th
It is my wish that my old negro woman Siky shall frame with my innocent person Josephine all the rage her life. In profile wher I this day set my drudge and pledge this the twenty eighth day of Nov in the engagement of our Peer of the realm, one thousand eight hundred and fifty.
Witnesses
J. W. Shomo Margaret Tate (her put pen to paper) (pledge)
J. D. Weatherford

Door of Alabama
Baldwin County} Alone appeared in the future me Patrick Byrne Decree of the Probate Court of law of Baldwin Realm & Door aforesaid J. D. Weatherford one of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing Exit of writing and states on bode well that he was requested to sign and was present at the signing of the Exit of writing by J. W. Shomo a subscribing verification and that Margaret Tate predictable the same to be her criminal Attitude and Tribute and that the held Margaret Tate was in rational mind & connection

Subscribed & sworn to
in the future me this 27th day of } J. D. Weatherford
March A. D. 1851}
Patrick Byrne
Decree Probate

Admitted to Probate 27th March A. D. 1851
Patrick Byrne, Decree

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Street Approach (PUA Blog) Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- With help of pualib.com - |- Powered by Blogger Templates