Sunday 13 September 2009

0 An Angel Calls It Quits And Other Encouraging News

An Angel Calls It Quits And Other Encouraging News

The young woman wants to honor God and her husband:

On Dec. 1, one day after the nationally televised Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, in which Bisutti didn't appear, aired, the model posted to her Twitter page, "For all of you that were looking for me in the Victorias Secret runway show this year, I wasn't in it. I have decided not to model lingerie Because I personally feel that I am not honoring God or my husband by doing it. My marriage is very important & with divorce rates rising I want to do everything I can to protect my marriage and be respectful to my husband. God graciously gave me this marriage and this life and my desire is to live a Godly faithful life, I don't however judge others for what they do. Everyone is convicted on different levels."

Bisutti says her headline-making decision does not mean she is giving up her modeling career altogether.

"I'm definitely going to pursue modeling," she said on "GMA. I just want to be more wholesome about it and the jobs that I am going to choose are always going to be honoring the Lord."

If what she's saying is honest, and I'm going to assume it is because why not, then it's truly refreshing news. For someone so young and just entering a potential career, she's made a very bold decision that hopefully will speak to a lot of people. She's given up a major career opportunity for her husband, which is the antithesis of what feminism is telling women nowadays. Now, one example does not make a trend, but I'm certain that the Millennial generation is going to reverse the relationship between the sexes to a point further back than the 1950s.

Boomers started the big game of feminism, Xers endured it, and Millennials are calling it quits. Yes, I am aware this model isn't giving up her modeling career, but that's missing the point of it: few women become Victoria's Secret models, and the fact that she had the opportunity to continue it but chose not to for moral reasons is remarkable. I expect to see more and more Millennial women giving up their jobs and careers in favor of having families. America is relatively fortunate in that our society still places some value on having kids and a family, even if it often doesn't live up to that ideal. Feminism today is not being abandoned by the government, but the people are giving it up in droves, and the Millennials will lead the way.

A bit of anecdotal evidence: it is not uncommon to hear of a newly graduated or young college student getting married to his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. My cousin married when she was about 23 and had a kid that same year. One of my friends a year younger than me got married at 18 and now has two kids, both with her husband. Three girls from my class got married, all are not yet 23 and one just had a kid. Another student at my school got married around 19. I'm not saying this is a nation-wide trend or anything yet, but it's becoming more acceptable and more common to see young men and women here getting married before they graduate college. We'll see the reemergence of young marriages and families living together again, the age of feminism will meet a quick and welcome end, most likely before this decade is out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Street Approach (PUA Blog) Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- With help of pualib.com - |- Powered by Blogger Templates